How to maximize your short-term crypto gains
There are many ways to make huge profits when investing in digital currencies; however, the high volatility of the market frequently tends to draw the more adventurous investor. For the typical risk takers here is a cryptocurrency portfolio strategy that will help you to make substantial profits.
- 10% to 25% in Bitcoin and Ethereum. BTC and ETH are the principal drivers of the crypto markets and the markets often reflect their performance. These digital coins serve as a reliable basis to any portfolio but will be exceeded in short to medium term by altcoins and ICOs. Therefore, limit your investments in these particular digital coins.
- 25% to 55% in altcoins. Cryptocurrencies like Omisego, Monero, and NEO have all outperformed both Bitcoin and Ether within the last few months, as a result of the rapid price growth they experienced. One desirable thing about Altcoins is that they offer great potential for gains. And for the bold investor, altcoins with a low market cap represent an excellent opportunity for quick growth. Newer projects or coins that have not yet gained a significant amount of traction can help accumulate substantial gains.
- 25% to 55% in ICOs. Initial Coin Offerings are probably the most significant chance to make substantial returns but come with a higher element of risk. However, the ICOs should constitute a substantial part of your portfolio. By spreading your investments over many ICOs, there is an increased chance of hitting a high achiever.
- 10% to 15% in swing trading and day trading. The best options for both swing and day trading are the more volatile cryptocurrencies like Lisk (LSK), and OmiseGO (OMG) which record high daily trade volumes. Traders should endeavor to benefit from price fluctuations and should use the leverage trading options offered by some of the top crypto exchanges. More experienced traders may capitalize by speculating on the short-term price drops by actively placing shorting orders.
- Use a buy and flip strategy, and try as much as possible to invest in projects that you believe will grow in short to medium term. These projects should let you realize profits almost instantly.
- When trading with altcoins, take gains as regularly as possible and transfer funds into other altcoins or ICOs after earning profits. This aids in maximizing your investments and keeping your cryptocurrency portfolio active.
- Be ready to experience loses and concentrate on winning big. With higher risk projects such as investing in ICOs and day trading, losing is an inevitable part of the game. Picking large gainers, however, will offset your losses while making stop-loss placement a part of your trader’s mindset will significantly mitigate the risks.
- When investing in ICOs search for projects that can yield good returns. Big projects with a lot of attention surrounding them should enjoy substantial gains in the short term. ICOs with active teams that endeavor to get onto exchange platforms will also rapidly multiply in value.